Text to Speech – Use Cases
Text to speech is a highly effective way for a business to create an online audio marketing presence. Businesses typically have lots of content that they would like their customers to consumer whether that be insights, product, thought leadership or education content, the list is endless.
Text to speech technology can in real-time transform all of this content in to audio. AudioHarvest’s end to end platform can then both transform the text and distribute this audio content across in podcasts, social and the web in real-time.
Thereby enabling brands to reach and engage their customers wherever and whenever they consume audio. AudioHarvest can effectively be a brand’s always-on audio marketing channel.
How TTS it works
Text-to-speech (TTS) is a technology that converts words into audio. Sometimes called “read aloud” technology, the voice that TTS uses is AI-generated using the latest neural technology to replicate human-like speech. One of the many perks of TTS is that the voice can be sped up or slowed down. TTS is compatible with almost all digital devices, such as computers, smartphones, tablets, iPads, etc.
Text-to-speech takes words, digitally written on a computer, smartphone, or another similar device, and transforms them into an audio recording. With the click of a button, all kinds of text files, including Word and online web pages, can become audio files. This assistive technology uses a range of different voices and languages across the world, and it’s up to the user to select the one voice that best suits their needs.
Value it delivers
The unique value text to speech technology can deliver to a business brand are as follows:
• Enables a business brand to create an audio identity and online presence
• Enables a business brand to make all of their written content discoverable as audio content across the web, social and podcast
• Establish a highly cost-efficient and scale way to create and distribute audio content to their customers
• Enables brands to reach and engage new and existing customers across iTunes, Spotify, LinkedIn, Facebook, Amazon, Google, etc.
• Grows a brand SEO presence as all the podcast episodes create via text to speech technology will be listed in Google search results
Realtime solutions solution
AudioHarvest’s end-to-end platform makes text to speech easy and effective for clients as our platform not only converts a client’s text to speech we also brand and distribute the audio content for clients. AudioHarvest is a unique real-time end to end solution for brands as we provide:
• A unique content search engine to find client content that would work as an audio experience
• Provide a content recommendation engine so clients can quickly and easily select the content they would like to transform into audio
• Provide an edit suit so client can edit the content to suit their brands and audience specific needs
• Provide a great range of voices and languages through which to select the optimal AI Voice for a client’s brand
• Provide the tools to quickly and easily brand the audio content as a podcast, an online audio player or for social platforms
• Distribute in real-time across all the major audio platforms such as iTunes, Google, Spotify, Amazon, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.
Put simply our UI enables clients to within minutes convert text to speech and distribute this to wherever their customers are consuming this type of content.
AI Voice Technology
AI voice technology uses deep learning to create higher-quality synthetic speech that more accurately mimics the pitch, tone, and pace of a real human voice. The two major providers of this technology are:
Amazon – Polly’s TTS service uses advanced learning technologies to create natural-sounding human speech. With numerous lifelike voices across a broad set of languages, you can build speech-enabled applications, services and audio content platforms that work in many different languages.
In addition to Standard Text to Speech voices, Amazon Polly offers Neural TTS voices that deliver advanced improvements in speech quality through a new machine learning approach. Polly’s Neural TTS technology supports two speaking styles that allow you to better match the delivery style of the speaker to the application. For example, a Newscaster reading style that is tailored to news narration use cases. And a Conversational speaking style that is ideal for two-way communication like telephony applications.
Google Cloud TTS enables developers to create natural-sounding speech with 200+ voices and is available in numerous languages. It applies DeepMind’s groundbreaking research in WaveNet and Google’s powerful neural networks to deliver the highest fidelity possible. As an easy-to-use API, a user can create lifelike interactions with their users, across many applications and devices
The Google platform provides over 90+ WaveNet voices based on DeepMind’s research to generate AI voices that significantly close the gap with human performance. It can also personalise the pitch of a selected voice, up to 20 semitones more or less from the default. Ability to customise speech with speech synthesis mark-up language tags that allow a customer to add pauses, numbers, date and time formatting, and other pronunciation instructions.
Brand use cases for text to speech use technology:
• Start-up – Enables start-ups to establish a high cost-efficient audio marketing channel that reach their audio across platform their audience actively consume such as Spotify, Facebook, iTunes, LinkedIn, Instagram etc.
• Enterprise – Enables enterprise companies to convert all of their thought leadership and insights content into audio formats such as a branded podcast so that they can educate and influence senior business decision makers and ultimately lead them on the path to purchase
• E Learning – Enables E Learning companies to convert all their learning content into audio in real-time and then distribute this to their customers in order to create a new revenue and marketing channel
• Non-profit – Enables non-profit to convert all of their human-interest stories to audio content in order to educate people on the services they provide. Our unique platform also enables pre and post roll messaging in order to drive donations to the non-profit through the key channel of mobile
• Legal – Enable law companies to educate audiences on legal services and provide a solution for both public and private matters ranging from corporate all the way through to family law. By converting this content into audio and then distributing it across podcast and the web they educate and influence a much wider customer base.